Japanese National Phase of an International Patent Application (PCT APPLICATION)
Requirements for filing Japanese national phase applications:
- Copies of an Original Specification and Drawings.
- Copy of Request.
- Copy of Front Page of a WIPO Publication.
- Amendments under PCT Article 19 and/or 34, if any.
- Copy of an International Preliminary Examination Report (Chapter II).
- We are required to file an exact translation of what is written in the original specification. Therefore, we cannot incorporate any amendments into the translation. However, we can file amendments at the time of filing a request for examination as long as they are supported by the original description.
- At the Japanese national stage of a PCT application, we cannot file an application in English.
- If any changes have been filed (applicants' and inventors' names and addresses, etc.) at the International Bureau and if a Notification of the Recording of a Change ( IB306 Form) has been received, please provide it to us.
- If you require an estimated cost for filing an application, please do not hesitate to contact us.