Improvement of the JPO Website’s Functionality
The JPO updated its website (J-PlatPat) on May 7, 2019. Main improved functions are as follows:
- Checking the current status of patents/designs/trademarks in English has been improved.
- Lag associated with updating records has been reduced.
- The range of search-targeted documents has been expanded.
- The ability to search right-extinguished trademarks (expired or rejected trademarks) has been added.
- Machine translation from Japanese into English has been improved.
- New data (TSV format) on Bibliographic and Legal Status information is available in addition to Standardized Data (XML/SGML format).